Getting your creative side to work when thinking of an arrangement for the patio furniture in your outdoor space can sometimes be tough. It’s the open space of your patio that can really be a great opportunity to work on to create a place of comfort and relaxation. When working on the patio, you have to be able to make most of the space that you have and that is by moving around the furniture. To help get you started, here are on ideas on how you can work on the furniture on the patio.
- The Classic – If you have a patio that is larger, you might want to go with a classic arrangement of a sofa and a pair of chairs. This setup mimics that of your living room and is a sure way to make your patio both comfortable and functional. Adding something to divide the space from a bit of the openness of the outdoors gives the patio a more indoor look.
- Chairs and loveseats – A loveseat is a great piece of furniture that really saves space. Generally, only two people would sit on a couch but opting for a loveseat which squeezes those two people together would give you more space on either side of the loveseat giving you a place to put in chairs which can make the place great for a small gathering. In this set up, you can move around the piece of patio furniture making it very versatile.
- Two sofa corner – When working with a pair of sofas, your first idea might be to make them face each other which is a great setup that works all the time. However, you can create a more intimate space through a corner by setting up the sofas perpendicularly. This creates a small space where the sofa connects which is great for chit chat while also opening up the other side for much easier flow.
- Create boundaries with a sectional – You can also create a similar intimate seating with a three-piece sectional. Sectionals are great for patios that have don’t have a lot of space to work with since they give more spaces for seating while taking up only small amounts of floor space.
- Use ottomans in place of chairs – If the patio that you are working on is a little short on space, it would be a great idea to use ottomans instead of chairs. Ottomans are one of the best items to use on your patio as they are quite versatile and function and look great as well.
- Circle with four chairs – If don’t have a sofa and only have chairs for seating, then there is basically no rule for you to follow with the arrangement. With only four chairs, you can create a really inviting space by arranging them into a circle. This kind of patio furniture set up is perfect for when you want to enjoy some time with your friends drinking cocktails and waiting for the barbeque.